See all job listings
PER DIEM CASE MANAGER-PAUL'S PLACE (WEEKEND EVENING)
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, (CUCS), is proud to announce that it will be opening a co-located Drop-in Center and Safe Haven in lower Manhattan in September 2018. The program will provide case management and housing placement services to 70 to 90 people at the Drop-In Center and 24 people at the Safe Haven. Both programs operate 7 days per week with staff on-site 24 hours per day. For more information about the programs please see attached program announcement.
We are currently hiring Per Diem Case Manager positions for the Drop-In Center and Safe Haven. The shift is Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm-12:00pm
The Per Diem Case Manager is responsible for working with clients from both programs to help them obtain housing, help clients live full and satisfying lives in the community, help their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations including achieving contracted housing placement goals, and striving as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements. Some of the responsibilities of the Per Diem Case Manager include the following:
1) Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
• Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
• Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
• Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
• Conducting intake assessments for clients coming into the drop in center.
• Providing assistance with self administration of medications during assigned shifts.
2) Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
• Responding to crises.
• Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
3) Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
• Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
Minimum Experience and Education Required:
• High School diploma
• 1 year related experience
• Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Some college preferred; B.A. may substitute for experience
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
Posted on 06/21/18; CVMHA ID #12156