See all job listings
Youth Opportunity Hub Program Director
Henry Street Settlement
Education and Employment Services is an 8.2 million dollar division serving about 9000 people each year through a continuum of services from Early Childhood Education through Adult Workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. Education Services include an Early Learn Program, After School Programs (8 sites), 4 Day Camps, Youth Recreation, High School Initiatives including 1 Community School, Expanded Horizons College Success Program, and the Youth Opportunity Hub program. Programming takes place within 3 community center sites and multiple school-based programs. Employment Services include walk-in employment services, employment services for a public housing population (Jobs Plus), ESL job readiness training, employment services for youth including SYEP and Young Adult Internship and Adult Literacy Programs (ESL, Basic Adult Literacy, and ESL). This position is the Program Director for the Youth Opportunity Hub program. Our Youth Opportunity Hub is a multi-site, multi-pronged social service, counseling, case management, and referral program for youth who reside, go to school, or work in the Lower East Side. This Youth Opportunity Hub Program Director position reports to the Director of Education Services.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the Youth Opportunity Hub.
• Chair planning and implementation committee consisting of all key partners.
• Responsible for the hiring, supervision, and performance evaluations of all Hub staff.
• Provide clinical and administrative supervision to 9 social workers providing counseling, case management, and both internal/external referrals to caseloads of 40 youth each within the 6 LES settlement houses.
• Provide supervision to the Hub Administrative Assistant and Partnership and Outreach Coordinator to oversee all program administrative functions.
• Develop and oversee recruitment and outreach plans to engage and enroll youth.
• Establish, develop, and manage partnership relationships with key program stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Manage and execute contracts with subcontractors and vendors that provide supplemental services to the Hub.
• Travel “off-site” to designated social workers located at primary partner Community Based Organizations.
• Coordinate and implement pertinent events, workshops, and special program opportunities.
• Complete required internal reports and external reporting to funders and other stakeholders, represent the lead organization and Hub at funder meetings and meetings to which funder invites the agency.
• Develop, implement, and oversee a youth-driven leadership council across primary partner sites.
• Develop, implement, and monitor database system(s) and ensure compliance with and the coordination of contractual data entry, youth files, etc.
• Participate in various contractual, program, division, and agency meetings and activities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Master of in Social Work required, LCSW preferred. Bilingual a plus. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working with adolescents from diverse backgrounds and facilitating and supporting youth-driven leadership programs.
• Experience establishing and sustaining programs that are built around collaborative partnerships. Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to engage, build relationships, and demonstrate empathy with adolescents from diverse backgrounds.
• Diverse cultural competence required.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and follow through skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated with the ability to be resourceful, work efficiently, be flexible, and bring positive team-oriented attitude.
• Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with staff members across multiple programs and program sites.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel, email correspondence, and database management.
Commensurate on Experience
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Youth Opportunity Hub Program Director” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Posted on 12/18/18; CVMHA ID #12557