See all job listings
Program Director - Residential Services
The Bridge Inc
The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Program Director to join its Residential Services Department in Manhattan.
Responsible for safe operation of 42 bed /14 apartment Level II community residence
Supervise delivery of service to clients, including admissions to the program, ongoing rehabilitative services and counseling, and discharge from the program
Directly supervise Assistant Program Director, Case Managers, Residence Counselors, and Peer Specialist
Ensure that the program is prepared for successful OMH and HUD audits and reviews.
Complete monthly data collection to monitor services and trends in census, attendance, incidents, and funder outcomes.
Available on call for 24-hour crisis intervention. Willing to work nights and or weekends as needed
Manage personnel activities, including hiring, shift scheduling, developing policies and procedures, staff meetings, case conferences, staff training, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and labor/management issues.
Perform all required administrative duties, including reviewing the accuracy of data entry in electronic health records, oversight of petty cash, and monitoring staff attendance
Ongoing assessment of building maintenance requirements, and serve as liaison with maintenance staff regarding repair needs
Attend internal and external meetings, supervision and trainings as required.
* MS/MA preferred plus 2 years’ experience, or BA/BS plus 4 years’ experience, or HS/GED plus 6 years’ experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Commitment to person-centered and trauma informed services, and experience with adults living with SMI and co-occurring disorders.
* Clear understanding of OMH Supported Housing Guidelines
* Excellent time management skills; stress resistant, flexible; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player; open to feedback; creative; excellent organizational skills
* Willingness to perform CPR/First Aid/AED/CPI/Naloxone
* Experience with mental health and substance abuse, and significant experience with crisis intervention and managing trauma-triggered behaviors. Strong Motivational Interviewing skills and commitment to wellness based programming.
* Knowledge of AWARDS preferred
* Spanish speaking a plus.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Marcy Benjamin, Area Director
Posted on 12/18/18; CVMHA ID #12558