Job Board

See all job listings

Social Worker (Kingsbridge Heights)

Center For Urban Community Services


The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Social Worker position at Kingsbridge Heights directly next to the Kingsbridge 4 train stop. Kingsbridge Heights is a new 135 unit supportive housing site for middle-income, low-income and formerly homeless families and individuals located in the in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx scheduled to begin occupancy in March 2019.

CUCS will provide comprehensive on-site supportive services for tenants, and will contract with C+C Apartment Management, LLC for property management and rent collection services. The program provides training in evidence based practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Parenting Journey. Services provided include case management, mental health services and person centered service planning utilizing a family systems approach.

Please note that this position is effective beginning 3/01/2019.


The Social Worker will carry a caseload and provide decision making and service delivery responsibilities including crisis-intervention, medication management and regulatory compliance. Social Worker will participate and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, dedicated to continuous quality improvement.


Master’s Degree in Social Work required

Experience with related population, verbal and written communication skills
Computer literacy
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.

CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire


We encourage all eligible employees to apply. All applicants will be notified upon receipt of their cover letter and resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted regarding the scheduling of an interview.

In this job, you will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice hours and receiving supervision from a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Posted on 12/20/18; CVMHA ID #12561