See all job listings
Research Scientist 2
The Office of Mental Health (OMH)
The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Research Scientist 2, Grade 22, position that will function as the Project Manager, Opioid Initiatives. The incumbent will oversee the implementation of a portfolio of initiatives designed to enhance identification and treatment of individuals with opioid use disorder within the public mental health system.
Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review and disseminate data on rates of Opioid Use Disorders (OUD) among individuals receiving care in NYS OMH licensed and operated settings;
• Create summary reports and resource guides related to evidence-based practices for identification and management of OUDs;
• Participate in the formulation of plans to scale up OUD best practices in NYS OMH licensed and operated programs;
• Develop program guidelines including clinical pathways and reporting requirements;
• Arrange and partake in meetings with key stakeholders including State, hospital, outpatient, and housing provider representatives to present plans and implementation strategy;
• Convene periodic planning/oversight meetings;
• Work with key stakeholders including allied State agencies and OMH Field Offices to develop and manage learning collaboratives and/or other implementation support programs for providers within the mental health system;
• Review data analytic reports related to uptake of practices;
• Develop and implement evaluation plan to test effectiveness of implementation activities;
• Prepare summary reports for internal review and peer-reviewed publication;
• Assist the Bureau of Inspection and Certification in overseeing accountability efforts through licensing activities;
This is a full-time non-competitive position.
The minimum qualifications for appointment to a Research Scientist 2 position are: A Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional research experience in an appropriate field; or a Master’s Degree and two years of such experience; or a Doctorate degree in an appropriate field. Appropriate fields include: Biostatistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related social science field.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to OMHHRM@OMH.NY.GOV, attention Sarah Mahar. Please reference Vacancy ID #62753B.
Posted on 01/18/19; CVMHA ID #12608