See all job listings
VIP Community Services
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
POSITION REPORTS TO: Controller
VIP Community Services is a not-for-profit dedicated to the continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency. This Bronx based organization is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team.
The Senior Accountant is a key position within our Accounting department. The expectations for the role are to demonstrate strong and effective management over the monthly closing and reporting process specific to his or her responsibilities. The Senior Accountant will assist in the accounting and internal reporting of the VIP. This individual will manage the month-end responsibilities of the VIP.
• Responsible for providing support on financial and accounting matters to the company and its senior managers
• Assist the Controller by overseeing staff in daily operations including the daily cash summary, cash projections, accuracy of wire requests, cash management, bank relationships, payroll accounting and correspondence from ADP
• Prepare monthly financial statements (B/S, P/L, C/F) and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedules
• Prepare monthly account analyses for balance sheet and expense accounts;
• Reviews bank accounts reconciliation and in a timely manner with attention to unusual items that remain outstanding at the end of month;
• Responsible for reviewing and approving accounts payable batches, and processing payments.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, ideally FundEZ
• Advanced MS Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables
• BS degree in Accounting
Posted on 04/24/19; CVMHA ID #12765