See all job listings
CASAC - Counselor - The Recovery Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of Counselor include but are not limited to the following activities:
• The counselor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct substance abuse assessments; development of treatment plans for assigned caseload.
• Provide individual counseling to twenty (20) to thirty (30) clients per week; case management as needed.
• Facilitation of substance abuse education groups, relapse prevention groups, anger management groups, and/or life skills groups.
• Documentation of all client contact in compliance with OASAS and DMH regulations. Documentation completed within OASAS timeframes.
• Attend and participate in all staff and team meetings, and in-service training; case consultation with interdisciplinary staff.
• Completion of caseload reports to NYC HRA STARS system and NYS OASAS Vocational Rehabilitation, and NYS Department of Probation programs; completion of OASAS PAS Admission and Discharge forms.
• Identification and outreach to possible referral sources to recruit new clients to the clinic.
*** Saturdays and evenings required***
• Bachelor’s degree, or
• New York State Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse certificate (CASAC), or CASAC-eligible.
• Must be able to provide CASAC number or proof of CASAC-eligible status.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience providing direct care to individuals with alcohol and substance dependence; experience with homeless and forensic adults;
• Five (5) years uninterrupted sobriety is required for candidates who are themselves in recovery.
• Good writing skills are essential.
• Computer Literacy: familiarity with OASAS documentation requirements.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to:email@example.com
Posted on 05/01/19; CVMHA ID #12774