See all job listings
Senior Application Support Specialist
Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens
Reporting to the EHR Manager, the Senior Application Support Specialist’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. The primary application responsibility would be the agency Electronic Health Record and billing systems. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Senior Application Support Specialist will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Update procedural documentation as processes change.
• Serve as a lead trainer in CBH (formerly Anasazi Software).
• Address IT HelpDesk Issues relating to Cerner CBH and its users. Escalate issues as needed.
• Monitor Cerner CBH system performance consoles (Report Server, SureScripts, Databases,etc) as needed.
• Backup prior period rates and, implement rate changes in Cerner CBH.
• Review, test and implement Cerner CBH system upgrades, complete testing documentation and update end user training materials as needed.
• Resolve issues including system and cross application testing.
• Utilize and assist in developing business analytic tools (such as iCentrix) to support agency goals.
• Represent agency at internal and external meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of workflow diagrams and training materials.
• Assist in development and testing of online forms in Cerner CBH (WYSIWYG).
• Upon request, assist with report development projects, including documentation.
• Liaise with third party support and vendors.
• Other tasks as needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
• Bachelor's degree and work experience with Cerner CBH (formerly Anasazi Software) is required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Advanced technical knowledge of Cerner CBH software application (end user interface, data structures, clinical and billing setup tables, system security and other advanced features).
• Hands-on troubleshooting experience, with CBH clinical, billing and other setup, CBH system logon, the CBH client chart and its interface with CBH billing and accounting systems.
• Ability to conduct logical research into CBH software and hardware-related issues and products as required.
• Extensive end user support experience with the CBH software and computing environment.
• Working technical knowledge of current computer systems, including remote desktop access, and the configuration of the CBH remote desktop client software.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
• Working technical experience with configuring and supporting CBH systems.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Able to demonstrate patience working with users of varying levels of computer familiarity.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Good phone etiquette.
• Ability to work in a busy office
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Able to sit, stand, & walk for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment..
• Ability to conduct presentations before large groups of people.
• Ability to read printed & handwritten materials and computer screens.
• Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends) as assigned.
• Ability to meet with staff throughout facilities.
• Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
Negotiable. Please submit cover letter with salary requirements.
GABRIELA JOITA, EHR MANAGER
Posted on 05/07/19; CVMHA ID #12797